Introducing the Supreme Duchess of Smile Transformations – Wendy Knudson
- Bismarck High Grad – go Demons!
- North Dakota State College of Science
- Interned at Goebel Pediatric Dentistry
- Got married and moved to North Carolina for a couple of years.
- Returned to ND and worked at the Bank of North Dakota while her husband was overseas.
- Arliss Brend Dentistry for 10 years
- Warford Orthodontics, 15 years in September
Wendy’s Favorite Smile Story:
Wendy’s favorite smile story is of a young girl who was a part of the Jarene’s Wish program https://warfordorthodontics.com/giving-back. The girl reminded me so much of myself. She came in with her dad, had amazing eyes, beautiful dark complexion, and a smile that she hid because her teeth were so gnarled up. Upon transformation her megawatt smile lit up the room, and you could immediately see her confidence grow. Those moments are why we do what we do because it’s about so much more than the teeth.
Why do you work at Warford Orthodontics?
I like the time off, and Dr. John is an alright guy (she chuckles)! Seriously, I like it because it’s a pretty chill place with a great mix of people. We all want to be really good at what we do. We respect each other even through our differences. I have wanted to work here dating all the way back to when I was a Patient here in my teens, and fell in love with the atmosphere. We like to work hard and play hard – it’s a great mix.
What do you do when you’re not working?
You will always find me outside, unless it’s winter. I like to spend a lot of time at our lake cabin. We just got a new kayak and enjoy boating, tubing and playing with my granddaughter. Pretty much doing anything with my family or my dog is where I like to spend my time. I also like to do Pinterest projects.
Top 5 favorite things about Warford Orthodontics:
- Everyone has been here for a long time and we know each other well – the trust amongst the team is strong due to our experience.
- We attract fun Patients
- The hours are really nice
- The before and after stories – knowing that their investment will pay back over their lifetime.
- We are always on the leading edge of Orthodontics – always a step ahead of everyone else.
Braces or Invisalign?
That depends on the person. Invisalign definitely has more pros.
What are 3 things people need to know about you?
- I am not very serious and like to pretend that I am funny.
- Outwardly I don’t appear to be very shy, but really I am.
- I like road trips by myself with good music.
Do you have a favorite quote or saying?
“Everything happens for a reason” – it’s so cliché, but so true. I also like to say, “Watch what you wish for” a lot.
What impact do you believe braces have on a person’s life?
They make a huge difference even for people who don’t think they need them. It’s like the lights come on and the world gets brighter.