Who We Are:
Warford Orthodontics was established in 1973 by Dr. John Warford, Sr, and is currently led by Dr. John Warford, Jr. and an incredible team of caring individuals that pride themselves on delivering customized quality care and an Astonishing Patient Experience for all ages.
Our dedicated team is focused on our Patient’s successful orthodontic journey and is committed to providing them comfort in an environment that thrives on making a difference: Changing the World, One Smile at a Time.
- Mastering our craft means being consistent with and guided by the latest advances in orthodontic care and technology.
- Everyone deserves an Astonishing Patient Experience at Warford Orthodontics.
- We are Daymakers for our Patients as well as our Teammates.
- Delivering Bismarck and our surrounding area families unparalleled orthodontic expertise.
- Being the best – Warford Orthodontics is the only provider in North and South Dakota with the experience to have earned Invisalign®’s top recognition of VIP Diamond Plus distinction.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Thrives in a fast-paced, fun, people-focused environment.
- Is a team player with an upbeat, positive attitude.
- Believes that their work experience should be a positive addition to their life.
- Has critical focus and attention to detail.
- Possesses experience in the dental/orthodontic field or other service-oriented position.
- Thinks outside-the-box and is accountable.
- Engages in marketing strategy.
- Represents the practice locally while engaging our strategic partners.
- Is self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- A licensed RDA – Registered Dental Assistant in the State of ND – is preferred, however, on the job training to an exemplary candidate would be considered.
The Role of Patient Flow Coordinator (primary focus areas):
The Orthodontic Clinical Assistant’s primary focus areas include:
- Patient Treatment.
- Patient Experience.
- Patient Care.
The Orthodontic Clinical Assistant carries out treatment plan procedures with the doctor on all Invisalign and braces Patients. Procedures include routine inserts, wire adjustments, bondings, bandings, removals, and 3D digital scanning, to name a few. The Clinical Assistant is also focused on Patient engagement, experience, and communicates with the appropriate written or verbal correspondences.
The Orthodontic Clinical Assistant is expected to be a part of the clinical team assisting with their responsibilities. This role is cross trained and is expected to respond to the needs and demands of each day and each moment, filling in where needed to ensure prompt, friendly, and exceptional Patient care.
The Orthodontic Clinical Assistant is expected to actively engage every Patient to provide an Astonishing Patient Experience.
The Orthodontic Clinical Assistant role is designed around the role of a nurturer and sometimes a cheerleader. The Patient must be nurtured through the beginning, progress and final stages of treatment; the orthodontic transformation is a worthwhile journey, but a first-time journey nonetheless for most, with challenges and questions along the way.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The following job description is a general summary of duties typically performed in this position. It is not all-inclusive and is not an employment contract.
- Greet all Patients and their family in the reception area and/or clinical circle. Introduce yourself and set expectations of the appointment. Positively follow all clinical Protocols.
- Assist the Patient and responsible party with any concerns they may have to ensure their questions are answered.
- Take orthodontic photos, impressions, x-rays, and 3D digital scanning technology including Smile Simulations.
- Assist Dr. in clinical treatment plan procedures.
- Monitor Patient compliance and estimated treatment completion dates.
- Maintain the highest level of proficiency in all clinical skills.
- Follow a strict sterilization Protocol and remain OSHA compliant.
- Instruct Patient and families on proper care of appliances and oral hygiene habits.
- Show appliances that will be used and go over next steps in the orthodontic treatment process.
- Summarize visit findings in our data management system – Dolphin.
- Handle parent conferences and mini-conferences to discuss cooperation problems.
- Documentation and charting for every appointment and conversation completed.
- Make sure the clinical circle is impeccably clean and organized!
- Maintain inventory for clinical supplies or delegate if appropriate.
- Implement and follow an organization protocol and Daily Task List.
- Work cohesively with fellow team members to provide an atmosphere of trust, mutual respect, and cooperation.
Key Competencies & Skills are required qualifications:
- Licensed RDA – Registered Dental Assistant, not required, but a significant advantage.
- Quick to create relationships
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Comfort level with direct Patient contact
Other, Non-Required Qualifications:
- Administrative experience
- Experience in orthodontics / dentistry
- Experience in sales or other service industry
Compensation & Benefits:
Commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience. Additional information about our benefits and additional company perks to be discussed during the interview process.
- A work environment that promotes your greatness.
- A position that allows you to make a difference in the world.
- Very diverse workflow that keeps you challenged and engaged.
- This is an hourly position currently, but may be switching to salary. As hourly, vacation pay is available after a certain length of employment.
- Financial bonus program.
- At this time, we do not offer a medical insurance benefit.
Job Type and Hours:
- 8-10 Patient days per month, usually 8am-5pm, one 7am-4pm per week
- 1 afternoon per week rotating call schedule
- We provide weekends on-call to best serve our Patients. This would be once every 4-6 weeks. Most needs can be handled with the assurance of a phone call.
How to Apply:
For consideration, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Letter of Introduction
Warford Orthodontics is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.